A while ago, I was asked by Aki! from 7% Solution to post about how I take care of my nails. I probably do this routine once every week or two.
IMPORTANT: I am not an expert and am not a nail technician so please don't expect this to be the proper way to take care of your nails. This is just what I do to care and maintain my nails.
My nail care routine:
1. WASH HANDS I always start with clean, dry hands.
2. FILE/ SHAPE NAILS While my nails are bare, I use a glass file to file-down and shape my nails. After that I wash my hands to get rid of the nail dust from filing.
3. CUTICLE CARE I use Essie's Disappearing trick at my cuticles and use one end of the black Revlon tool shown above to push down any extra skin that may be near the base of my nails. I use the other side of the tool to gently cut away any extra skin by my cuticles or sides of my nails. Because the Disappearing Trick can be messy, I wish my hands once more.
4. NAIL STRENGTHENER I apply a nail strengthener to promote healthy and strong nails. Two that I use are Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails and Essie's Grow Stronger.
5. MOISTURIZE I apply Essie's Smooth Trick cuticle oil to my cuticles and then moisturize my hands with Gold Bond's Ultimate Healing lotion.
I hope this was a helpful to those who wanted to know what I do to care for my nails. Thanks, Aki! for asking me to do this.